Category: Community

Moving

It’s no secret that I’ve been in the process of moving. First, it was dreaming of finding a bigger and better house in a better school district and neighborhood. Then… Read more »

Burnout

Y’all…I’m tired. I’m sure everyone can commiserate with me on being tired for one reason or another. It could be working from home with the family all under the same… Read more »

Confidence

Over the years, I’ve been told that I exude confidence in certain situations, especially during meetings at work. To be completely honest, I felt like that was the LAST thing… Read more »

Father’s Day

The comedian Chris Rock has a joke from a standup special he did in the 90s called “Bigger and Blacker,” about the difference between mom and dads. Don’t worry, everyone… Read more »

Best Friend’s Day

I don’t know about you, but I don’t know where I’d be without my two best friends. They have been there for me through thick and thin, college days, moving,… Read more »

Summer Plans

Last summer, my son desperately wanted to go somewhere or do something, but we didn’t venture past my house or one of his grandparents’ homes. He loves cars and to… Read more »

School’s Out!

I’m not sure about you, but at the end of every year in high school, I always had the words of 70s rock singer Alice Cooper in my head. In… Read more »

Foster Care Awareness Month

It’s a pretty well-known fact that starting a family is a big decision. Whether it’s something you discussed with your spouse or you found out you were expecting, and the… Read more »

Mother’s Day

May is here, which means a few things. Spring has arrived, school will soon be out for the summer, and Mother’s Day is just a few days away. I remember… Read more »

Earth Day

When I was a kid and in elementary school, our teachers and other adult figures made Earth Day a big deal. They stuck mostly to tell us that if we… Read more »