Residential Gas Line & Furnace Repair
At Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, the safety of you and your family is very important to us; that is why we want to ensure any and all gas line and gas furnace issues are resolved quickly. If you smell natural gas, the first step is to report the leak to New Mexico Gas Company. If the leak is on their side of the meter, they will take care of it. If they confirm that the leak is your responsibility, call us to quickly resolve the issue so your gas service can be restored.
Call us today – (505) 349-4404; schedule an inspection on your natural gas appliances or to install a new carbon monoxide detector.
Important facts about Carbon Monoxide
If you smell gas or think there may be a carbon monoxide threat in your home, here are several important facts to remember:
- You must call the New Mexico Gas Company to report a possible gas leak.
- Technicians will perform a safety test of the gas appliances and lines.
- If an unsafe situation is found, the technician will disconnect the appliance and cap the gas line.
- Your furnace or appliance will be red-tagged.
To resolve the issue, call a licensed plumber, such as those at Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, to repair or replace the appliance. After fixing the problem, we can remove the red tag.
Whats the cause?
Harmful carbon monoxide can leak into your home from a multitude of places and for many reasons. The New Mexico Gas Company sites several common examples including:
- Cracked or restricted furnace firebox.
- Insufficient air needed for proper burning of gas.
- Improper, blocked or restricted venting.
- Defective appliance or unsafe installation.
- Open or unvented heaters.
If you believe there may be a gas leak, contact the New Mexico Gas Company and choose Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to fix or replace the red tagged appliance. From residential gas line repair to gas furnace repair, our technicians are well-versed in all areas of plumbing and heating for your home.
Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can keep your family safe and secure with expert gas furnace repair. Call (505) 349-4404 today for experienced residential gas line repair!