Category: Community

Christmas

Deck the halls and wrap those presents…Christmas is finally here! To quote the Grinch, “Tomorrow is Christmas. It’s practically here!” Okay, as I’m writing this, it’s not really Christmas Eve…. Read more »

Holiday Food Traditions

Folks, I gotta tell you. I really love this time of year. Writing these past few blogs has made me realize how much I really love the holiday season. There’s… Read more »

Holiday Movies

I love this time of year. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I have fond memories from my childhood of the entire family gathering at my parents’ house for Christmas festivities…. Read more »

Hanukkah

Hanukkah is more than a series of funny Adam Sandler songs, and the animated movie based on the songs. It’s called the Festival of Lights for a reason. But what… Read more »

Elfster.com

The holiday season is here, and with it comes shopping. Whether it’s for Christmas and Hannukah gifts, or food for your Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts, you’re spending money. You can… Read more »

Maintenance On Appliances

I’ve recently learned an expensive lesson. My dryer wasn’t working properly. I discovered that it wasn’t using heat when it was drying the clothes, and I suddenly had dread in… Read more »

Dia De Los Muertos

I’m going to start this blog with a confession. I’ve lived in New Mexico for 26 years, and I’ve never been to a Dia de los Muertos celebration. On top… Read more »

Halloween 2021

Halloween is upon us, everyone. Kids in spooky costumes going door to door or going trunk or treating. Adults stressing over what costume the kids will wear and hoping they… Read more »

Bosses Day

For whatever reason, I’ve been thinking about bosses I’ve had in the past, and I’ve thought about what I liked or disliked about having them for bosses or managers. There… Read more »

Family Fall Activities

The weather is FINALLY cooling off, and our air conditioners can take a break from cooling off our homes. This is one of the reasons why I love the fall…. Read more »