Have any plans for the first weekend in June? Want to get messy and downright dirty? How does Mudd Volleyball sound to you?
If that sounds like a great time for you and some buddies, the Carrie Tingley Hospital Foundation is hosting the 25th annual Mudd Volleyball Tournament on June 1, 2019, at the intersection of Rio Bravo and 2nd Street.
If this is your first time in the Mudd pits, here’s some helpful information on what you’ll need before you get muddy:
- Don’t wear anything that can come off, like jewelry or watches. The mud will eat them.
- Speaking of stuff that can come off, make sure to duct tape your shoes. Sounds crazy, but they will be sucked off by the mud.
- Probably a no brainer for the adults, but make sure to bring cash and your driver’s license/ID.
- A change of clothes and different shoes to wear home. You don’t want to get your car messy, do you?
- Along with those clean clothes, you’ll want to bring a towel or wipes, and a plastic bag to help clean off and store your muddy clothes. Again, let’s keep that car clean.
- Bring sunscreen, water, a chair, an umbrella, and snacks. Think of it as a day at the beach, just minus the waves and a good-looking lifeguard.
- Most importantly, bring your good sportsmanship behavior, be willing to work as a team and have fun!
Now, here’s a list of what not to do:
- Don’t wear your nicest clothes and newest shoes. You like fresh kicks, right?
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL.
- Leave any bad attitudes and Debbie Downers at the gate. Remember, you’re there to have fun!
- Finally, this event is NOT for children under 16 years old.
The Inaugural Jr. Mudd Volleyball Tournament will be held on May 31, 2019, at the same location as the one for the adults. This is one you can take the kids to. The teams will be comprised of children between the ages of 14 and 18.
Proceeds from Mudd Volleyball go towards the Carrie Tingley Children’s Hospital at University of New Mexico Hospital.