Sometimes spending some money upfront can allow you to save money later on. If you’re expecting a tax refund, consider these tips on how to Use Your Tax Refund to Save Money.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, lowering your energy usage will save you money. Of course, this saves you money each month in utility charges. But it also saves your appliances, furnace, air conditioning unit and anything else that plugs in. Each piece of equipment that brings comfort and convenience to your home will have to work less, saving wear and tear. Making your entire home system more efficient is good for your wallet and your comfort. If a tax refund is in your future consider using it to save money.
Updating your home’s energy efficiency is one of the top suggestions of ways to use your tax refund. Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling has always recommended doing this when your budget allows. A tax refund is the perfect opportunity to make it happen. Here are a few ways to put your tax refund to good use:
- New Windows
- Older windows are one of the biggest energy drains in your home. Replacing them will go a long way to not only reduce your electric bill but increase your comfort as well.
- Energy Star Appliances
- Even if your older appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher) seem to be “working fine”, newer models can get the job done better while using less energy.
- Bulk Up Insulation
- Creating a solid barrier against the cold (and the heat) is a great step towards saving on electric bills. The attic, walls, pipes, and venting should all be properly insulated.
- Replace Furnace, A/C, or Water Heater
- All of these will be a big expense (there’s just no way around that). But that investment could be returned within a few years. The continued savings and well-being will last even longer.
Deciding to spend a larger amount of money can be daunting. However, investing in the integrity of your home is always a good choice. Please Call Us if we can be of any help!