Hydro-jetting (AKA high-pressure water jetting) is one of the most efficient and environmentally friendly ways to clear your drain and sewer lines of obstructions and clogs. But, just like any other plumbing procedure, it is not without its downsides. Let’s explore what high-pressure water jetting is and talk a little bit about the pros and cons of hydro-jetting services.
What is Hydro-jetting (High Pressure Water Jetting)?
Hydro-jetting is a method of cleaning out drains and sewer lines using pressurized water. To better understand how hydro-jetting works, it is best to compare it to pressure washing. Both tools use pressurized water to clean messes. However, hydro-jetting machines use water that is under a lot more pressure than the common pressure washers that you can rent/purchase at your local hardware store. And, since water practically doesn’t compress under pressure, the extra water pressure used by hydro-jetting machines translates directly into greater cleaning power.
During a typical hydro-jetting service from us here at Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc., our team of plumbing professionals will first perform a sewer camera inspection using a CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) camera to see just what kind of obstruction or clog that they’re dealing with. Then, they will insert the hydro-jetting hose into the drain line and turn on the machine. Once the machine is turned on, highly pressurized water will be pushed though your drain line in order to clean your drains from the inside out.
The Pros of Hydro-Jetting
The pros of hydro-jetting services include:
- Hydro-jetting clears stubborn clogs with just water
- Hydro-jetting can be done to both commercial and residential drain lines
- It can also cut through tree roots that have invaded your sewer line
- Hydro-jetting is environmentally safe and green
- High pressure water jetting services will clear the entire drain line rather than just a small section of it (rooter services will only clear an opening as large as the diameter of the rooter augur)
The Cons of Hydro-Jetting
Just like any other plumbing service, hydro-jetting isn’t without its cons. Some of the cons to high-pressure water jetting services include:
- Hydro-jetting can be less effective at removing extra serious drain obstructions than rooter or auger drain cleaning services
- Hydro-jetting can be too much for older and weaker pipelines to handle
- It can’t help clear drain lines that have been obstructed by serious damage like a bellied line
Contact Our Hydro-Jetting Professionals Today!
So, now that you know the pros and cons of hydro-jetting services, why not contact our team of high-pressure water jetting experts? Here at Albuquerque Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc. we pride ourselves on being the go-to company for all things hydro-jetting and drain cleaning. Don’t hesitate! Contact us to schedule hydro-jetting services today!