Roaches may be found in dark basements, crawl spaces, floor drains. In basements, they may be found in corners areas high on the walls or in floor drains.
They more commonly congregate in open spaces instead of small crack and crevices.
Roaches also prefer damp locations and access to water.When indoors, they can be located in dark, moist areas like basements and crawl spaces. Other likely areas indoors would be around bathtubs, floor drains, and sewers.
How do you prevent roaches in pipes?
- Stop water leaks, screen equipment overflow drains, and take overflow water away from buildings; keep drain traps full or capped.
- Discard old boxes and piles of papers where roaches can hide.
- Clean kitchen appliances thoroughly to eliminate food sources.
- It is not wise to allow pet food to sit out overnight for indoor pets. For outdoor pets, pick up the food after they are finished eating.
- .Ventilate moist spaces
- Remove rotting leaves from window wells and gutters.